Tuesday, June 27, 2006

More Canine Strategery

More Kentucky, more dogs. About every mile and a half as I road through the farms and villages. But today I had strategery. I carried dog biscuits, pepper spray, and a nice flexible stick. The biscuits worked in most cases, sprinting worked the rest of the time, so no dogs were sprayed in the preparation of this blog entry.
There was only one really mean dog intent on biting me, but I was able to shake the little sucker. It was draining though to spend a good bit of the day running from dogs, so I changed my route to take a busier road where people might have planned to preserve the life of their pet from traffic. Riding with trucks was better than being chased by dogs.
I am now in Indiana, Madison Indiana to be exact. Nice little town. Tonight was the water fight among competing fire houses. Main street was converted into the battle grounds as men used hoses to demonstrate superiority. A good time was had by all.
We found a lovely little restaurant, joeyg's that had one drunk and a singer before we came. We enjoyed a nice dinner, the drunk left to smoke, but never returned (much to the pleasure of the owners) and the musician was delightful. All in all a good day.

No comments: