Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tour de Coast Stage 13

This was supposed to be our big day. 150 miles. We were really going to hall ass. But my bike wouldn’t fit on the bus. So while I was trying to figure out what to take off my bike, the bus took off. So now we have another fifty measly miles in the cold rain up hill. At speed of bike which is a little faster than speed of slug. Every night I check for moss between my toes. My bike is now all green. But we get to see great scenery. Green trees. All the same. One after the other. Real slow. Fascinating.
Actually, we are taking a day off from riding in beautiful downtown Tillamook, the home of the famous Tillamook supermarket cheese bricks. Mike is waiting for a steering part from the Linear Factory so we are taking the opportunity to dry out and rest up at St. Alban’s , Tillamook. It’s been a great town to spend a day in the people are great and I found a café that plays 70’s blues all day and has wifi bleeding in from an Ebay store next door.

Since we’re not goin’ anywhere today, hear are a few past pics.


Must be a Club up a head.


Oh, here's the club. Raymond Wash.


People of Raymond, Wash.


Why didn't I think of that? I geuss the economy is a little tough here.


Great. Only four states to go. Oregon, California, California, and California.


Nice cabin in Cannon Beach Oregon.


Looks more like a shopping hazard.


Maybe if we wait awhile we'll get some donuts and coffee.


This is the hail that we road through yesterday.


Maybe we'll get luckey here.


Cheezy town.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: