Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tour de Coast Stage 12

This is the stage that the riders enjoy the most. We start the day by boarding the luxury coach with an open bar and gourmet buffet. Your bikes will be stored underneath in cargo for the overnight drive to La Jolla where you get back on your bikes, after the morning massage, for a leisurly downhill coast into Point Loma to finish the tour…….Wha happened??? I’m not on a bus. I must have been dozing. And what’s this cold rain? Stage 12 is a mountain stage. What am I talking about, they’ve all been mountain stages. Cold and rainy mountains up and down, down and up. Where is Lance Armstrong? I know Lance Armstrong and I am no Lance Armstrong.

This is Lance Armstrong. He does mountains. We try.

And for those of you who told me that the ride from Canada to San Diego was all downhill take your northern centric Rand McNally beach ball and lay it on it’s side on the equator. See, that’s my perspective. Actually there are an equal amount of up and downs but I ride at 3 to 5 miles an hour up the hill and 25 to 30 miles an hour down the hill. So I hope even you knuckle heads can see that I’m riding up hill 90% of the time and it’s raining 50% of the time while your at home sitting on your barcalounger next to your fridge in your cozy casa 100% of the time. Fun. I’m having fun. At 50 miles a day I should be home by Halloween. So how are you doing?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Jennifer Shippee said...

Of course you aren't Lance Armstrong - you are my father and that is much better. Your posts are wonderful and sad and encouraging and funny and inspiring and I love them. I found something for you in Sweden for your Brillo trains, funny you should mention it. Take your time, as long as you are home by 16 August. I'll meet you at LAX okay? love you, jb xx

Jennifer Shippee said...

city please - where are you guys? i don't knwo what to tell mapquest...

Jennifer Shippee said...

got it, tillamook, that's a cheese isn't it?