Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tour Duh Coast Endo, Completo. Finis!


9:50 pm. Home at last in Point Loma rain.


Charlie couldn't care less.


The last two days were some of the best riding from Oxnard to Hermosa Beach, then home on Cinco de Mayo. Exactly 5 weeks.

Boring bike stats.
1560 mi.
longest ride 132 mi. (last day)
On my bike:
17 spokes broken (8 were cut for damage)
rear axel snapped
rear brake busted
rear tire replaced
three flats
seat stay busted in Del Mar
One chain wheel kaput
And one sore butt.

The ride home was great. Got dark as I was climbing up Torry Pines(an easy climb for us even after 115 mi). The dark was OK since I was now in streets I knew well and I was well lit(the bike silly). It started raining at Sea World but didn't pour until I was in my own house. I finished just as I started, in the rain.


Halfway home on last day.


Venice Beach was calm, so we rode right down the boardwalk.


Lunch in Venice Beach.


Sailing on the sand in south LA.


Construction worker on hand to help us through Huntington Beach.


Malibu Pier


Dunes in Oxnard.


El Fin

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: