Monday, March 07, 2005

Apres le deluge

So there is a world still out there after too many weeks of rain. The rain, of course, was always heaviest on the days I had off. The major side affect of the rain, however, was an incredible number of potholes. This meant constant vigilance even as I rode a route I have done 100 times.

I am getting used to the cleated pedals. They certainly increase speed and work a different set of muscles. So I am achy this evening as I write.

As the caption indicates I put a circuit of Fiesta Island on the route today. In addition to the wind and the aroma there is always an interesting assortment of people on the island. Lots of RVs with people camping for the day. The island is also a place where dogs can run unleashed, which I suspect is why it smells so bad in the summer. One day as I rode neat where the RVs are in the picture there was a whale carcass surrounded by dump trucks. They were getting ready to cut it up. It was a big whale, taller on its side than the dump trucks.

Nothing that exciting today.

No comments: