Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Last Minute Preparations


So we are less that 15 hours from launching out trip. Lots of last minute packing and loading the bicycle. As of now the bike is 90% loaded. I took it for a test ride to make sure that it was balanced, and it was ok. I just wish I could dump more weight.

Dave and I had lunch with Gerry and Nancy Hardison getting the latest news from Kenya. Our Mothers' Union Orphans project is now in 40 of the 41 parishes. It is flourishing as is the Liberty Initiatives Network, the development related projects. As is always the case some things advance and others stall.

Here we are after a good local lunch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As another Episcopal priest who spends lots of time on two wheels, I'll follow the journey with great interest.

I wonder if you'll ever do a short post on the type of contraption you two are riding- both my bikes are the standard upright, two wheels model. Those recumbents are unique to me!